Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Coming Back!

If you checked the dates on the blogposts prior to this one, you saw that the last time I wrote anything here was almost 1 1/2 years ago. Why so long between posts? I began to feel that what I had to say really didn't make a difference--that it was a foolish attempt to try to make something good out of something bad. Who was going to read it anyway? My decision was to stick with a personal journal instead.

So why come back to it now?

I've come to realize that blogging REALLY IS a way to reach out and help other people. And if there was ever a group of people who needed to be reached out to, it would be parents who have lost a child and the people around them. So, I've decided to return to the blogging medium with a new vision and purpose. With a slightly better understanding of how to reach other people through blogging, I hope I can make a difference and help someone else.

Having read numerous books and visited untold websites, I will use this blog to share with others some of the best reading materials to help those who are grieving the loss of someone they love, but especially if that one is a child. I will offer links to some of the best places on the internet to find help and encouragement. My hope is that this blog will be the place where people come to get reliable, trustworthy and solid advice when it comes to dealing with one of the greatest tragedies ever imagined, the death of a child.

Here is a quick link to help people who are grieving make it through the holiday season http://www.griefshare.org/holidays/reasontocelebrate/. This comes from a Christian perspective, so if that would be offensive to you, this may not be the website for you to visit. Perhaps a better source for you would be http://tinyurl.com/5u3xxy

If you are the friend of someone who has recently lost a child and you'd like to help them get through this holiday season, please read this wonderful advice from Compassionate Friends: http://compassionatefriends.net/Press_Releases/press_release_12503.pdf

Those links will at least get you started.

No comments: