Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The ADC's

No, it's not a typo. The title is supposed to say "The ADC's." What are ADC's? Those letters stand for After-Death Communication, so the ADC's are the after-death communications from people who haved died.

By now, you've either rolled your eyes thinking, "Here is some fruit-cake idea," or you've thought about closing the screen out of concern that this topic is an offense to your religious beliefs, or you're still reading because you're not sure what to think of this topic and you're curious to see what it's all about. One other possibililty is you are already familiar with this acronym because of your own interest in or experience with this topic.

Let me first say that most people have experienced an ADC of some sort or another in their lifetime, whether they have called it that or not. For some it might be through songs they hear on the radio that remind them of loved ones who are gone. For others it might be birds that seem to be singing a beautiful song just for them. Dreams, rainbows or even butterflies might be the form through which others experience a connection with a friend or family member who has died. This isn't an experience that is scary or limited to only a few, rare individuals. These experiences are usually a source of great, lasting comfort and joy and far more common than we might think.

Over the years, I remember hearing stories of the ways people felt a connection with a beloved grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend, etc. after they died. These stories always caught my attention because they were uplifting and encouraging to me. I don't recall ever doubting someone's story. The people who shared them were level-headed people who, in all ways visible to me, were very normal. They also had no reason to make up such stories.

After experiencing ADC's myself and sharing them with others, I have been astounded by how many people quickly share their own stories, which only serves to affirm my belief that they are real. Since many of my friends are people of the Christian faith, virtually all of the stories I heard were coming from people who were not visiting mediums or playing with Quija boards. These were people much like me, who had never experienced anything like it before, but when it happened, they knew almost instinctively it was connected to their loved one who had died. They were not looking for anything out of the ordinary, it simply happened, and they noticed it.

Over the weeks and months to come, I will share with you my own ADC's as well as the experiences other people have shared with me. In the meantime, there are various places on the internet where you can read people's accounts of their own ADC's. One of my personal favorites is: http://adcrf.org/ADC%20Stories.htm. Hope you will visit their site which lists hundreds of stories people have shared. Be sure to check back here as well! :)

No comments: