Friday, June 1, 2007

Life Has Changed

To say "life has changed," is the understatement of the decade, but it really hit home today. It's a Friday afternoon. With my husband at a lunch meeting and my daughter heading out to spend the rest of the day with friends, I was trying to decide what to do. My decision? To go to the cemetery where my son's ashes are. Weeks have passed since my last visit. That's when it hit me, "Oh dear Jesus, on June 1st of last year my family was on it's way to Seattle, Washington for a summer vacation." We were filled with joyful anticipation. Our family has always enjoyed traveling together, and this was going to be our last trip before Jacob, our 18 year old son, headed off to college. We were cherishing every moment. Now, just one year later, I am thinking of going to the cemetery where Jacob's ashes remain. Life can change so much in a year, or even in a moment.
Life really has changed. Yes, there is some good to be found in those changes, but mostly it has been very difficult.

No comments: